Thursday 20 March 2014

Boundaries...

I've been gnomed... You probably thinking, "What the hell is he on about?".  Well, I know a gnome, who in reality, is a good friend, who happens to be a gnome.  I can hear the sounds of people, going, "He's certainly committed (OR HE SHOULD BE committed).  HANG ON.

The thing in life as you get older, you loose the sense of magic, you had as a child.  Sometimes you can get it back, with TV shows, movies and books but it's not the same as each one provides boundaries.  It could be the screen (As in Films, TV), or paper as in books.  My friend the gnome, happens to be an old friend is trying to alter that.  He started gnoming ages ago, it wasn't a big thing, the whole idea was to make someone smile.  He took it to the next step, probably because, not only he made that person smile, he got a kick out of giving.

Well it's moved on, the gnome has a family, he has friends and a Facebook page.  He's extending the joy out to people in the world.  I'm a bit of a cynic at times, but I love what he's doing.  I know this gnome, I'm privileged to call him friend.  He'd tell me about his gnoming, I'd grin, and think it was great.  

The thing is though, I'm 58 years old, and tonight, the boundaries fell down, there was magic in my world and I remembered the power of being a child, all through the power of a little ceramic gnome. Thank you Freddie Finwick Fisher and long may you reign...    

No comments:

Post a Comment