Monday 24 February 2014

Love Catz - with apologies to "The Cure"

Well this is a right "Tata", I've been asked "Where's the new post?" and here it is.  I know what Suzy goes through now, trying to find an idea for a new post.  I think the easiest way, is to look to the past for inspiration.  This means, because of the title, it's going to be (and sorry to Lollipop, Piper and Corky) "Cats of my past". So, let us begin...

TC

We had TC as a kitten and he was very affectionate.  I remember him bossing the other kittens around, when we got him and so, he got his name, TC (Top Cat) and he grew up quite nicely, unto my sister and her kids moved in with us.  I'm not blaming the kids in any way, or form but, like the child that tries to run down pigeons in the park,they got enjoyment chasing TC around.  I think he was slightly deranged to begin with, but this pushed him over the edge.  It became, Vietnam in this flat, with the kids being, U.S.A. and TC as the Vietcong.  He'd snipe at them from under beds.  They'd walk into rooms in their bare feet and he'd swipe out with his claws open and draw blood, and then disappear.  He became a scary cat.  What happen, or I believe what happened, my brother took him to a farm, and the farmer told him the kill ratio of the rats in the area went up, and it was all because of T(VC)C

Flash 

I can't remember too much about Flash, apart from his skill to run up and down curtains and the speed he traveled around the flat.  (Hence his name) I believe he was Mum's cat.

Half-Pint

She was Mum's and they loved each other.  It was funny as when she was born, she was the runt of the litter.  She could, (and Mum tried this) fit into a half-pint mug, hence the name.  She'd notice me in her own good time but Mum got all the love.  There was a time when we had a flea infestation.  We would get the flea powder and scatter in around.  Then we'd put flea medicine on the cat.  It was in ampule form and you had to squeeze it on the nape of the neck.  Half-Pint would only allow Mum to do it.

The fun thing, for her and Mum, was killing any left over fleas.  She'd lie on Mum's lap, and Mum would part her fur, grab the flea and squeeze it between her thumb and forefinger's nails.  There would be an exclamation of delight from Mum , "Got you, you little bugger!!!" and all you got from Half-pint was a steady increase in her purr. 

Loki

Loki was my cat.  He was one of those cats that was a real joy to own (I say own, but I don't think you own a cat...  It basically lives with you and plots world conquest, one human at a time. )  Loki, would sleep on my bed, and in the morning, he'd gently, ever so gently, pad to the head of the bed.  He'd then lick my nose, really gently.  I'd awake, and I'd get a head butt and then he'd wait till I crawled out of bed and then he'd go to the bottom of the stairs to be let out. Thirty minutes later, I'd open the door, and there he'd be.  He'd wait at the top of the stairs and then, casually go into the kitchen for his breakfast.  While waiting for his breakfast, he'd make casual conversation.  A few "meows and meeps" and it seemed to me he was giving me, the update of the neighbourhood.

OK That's PART 1

2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of folks on Facebook and elsewhere who are owned by their cats. Love this "tail" of your pets!

    ReplyDelete