Sunday 16 February 2014

Half A Story That I wrote... a la Ernie Wise

I woke up in the bathroom and instead of waking up in a heap on the floor, I was standing in front of the sink. I swilled my face, dried and looked in the mirror. I need to shave and so went about my normal routine but it was after I applied my aftershave, I saw her. Superimposed over my face, was a woman, young, flowing hair, pretty and the mouth opened and I heard, “My name is Izzy Thorogood and I died a witch”. It was then I passed out.

No one knew how the society had been created but it was rumoured to be centuries old. I came into it indirectly after what could be described as a serious mental breakdown. I believed I was possessed by the spirit of a dead witch. I was quite surprised to find out that, in reality, it was a past life bleeding through into my reality.


I supposed the society could be compared to Christian scientists, in the sense that it was almost an monastic order and ruled virtually by a mixture of science and religion. It was broken up into various orders and each order took a various science. I was placed in an obscure branch of the sciences, when during a therapy session, I mentioned that the room that “we” were in looked better as a library. While this was taken as my neurosis “kicking” in, it was the mention of the priest hole that sold me into the hands of the society. There was knowledge of the priest hole, but it's location remain a mystery until my voice popped up and mentioned that she had used it several times.

Was placed into the care of father Edward Carmedy, an Oxford educated scientist stroke priest who told me how rare my condition was. He further explained that if I wanted, he could exorcise Izzy from my head but that it could just mean that another relative would take her place, and they may be an even blacker branch of my family tree. The secret was to co-opt Izzy to work with me and she'd work like a gatekeeper. She could be trained as she seemed quite “progressive”. The number of “Pre-sights” that had gone insane after being yanked from their time to now numbered in the hundreds. Some of the world's greatest serial killers were possessed by “pre-sights”. They were normal people driven to kill by insane “Pre-sights” unable to cope with the real world.

I for one believed that past life regression was a load of bunk but after being institutionalised for several years. I was assigned to a new therapy. This therapy had been designed by the society. It consisted of a darkened room and a administered drug. This is where I met Elizabeth Thorogood, my witch and the person who possessed me. OF course, I didn’t know who she was there until later. I found that I was one of the rare individuals that could read my genetic material. I could communicate with my ancestors. Even rarer, they could see through me and they showed me things hidden to the ordinary.

The society's building seemed to be as old as them and for some reason, the ghosting effect didn't occur in the building. Father Edward said that this was because I was channelling Izzy's world and this was an area that Izzy hadn't visited. They really needed to talk to her to find out the areas that she been. The reason behind this, apart from my health, they could use Izzy's knowledge to fill in the history of the period. He explained that while historians knew quite a bit about her time period. All the information came from the educated. She was a new source of knowledge. This was the reason behind the past life regression sessions. I was rather disturbed that I  had a vague recollection of a number of these sessions. Father Edward explain that this was because my body needed time to adapt to the drug used.

No comments:

Post a Comment